We Need Protection from Marcellus Shale Drilling! Sign up to Come to Harrisburg on Tuesday, Sept. 21
Pennsylvania’s state legislature has taken NO ACTION this year to protect residents from all the problems Marcellus Shale gas drilling is causing in our state. Contaminated drinking water, pollution in our rivers, hazardous air pollution, safety problems, and destruction of our state forests are just some of the problems.
The state legislature will be in session for at least the last two weeks in September, possibly for the last time this year. Come to Harrisburg and SPEAK OUT! Let our legislators know that we need them to take action NOW.
- Moratorium on drilling
- Fair Taxation – a severance tax to fund environmental protection programs
- No Forced Pooling – residents should not be forced to sign gas leases they don’t want
- Protections for our drinking water
- Require inspections at drilling sites – increase monitoring and enforcement
- Require full disclosure of hazardous chemicals used
- Protect our State Forests
Rally at the Capitol 1:30
Meet with Your State Legislators
(meetings will be set from 9:00 – 1:30 and 2:00 – 4:00)
Sign up for the Sept. 21 lobby day below, or call: Steve at 412-765-3053, x210 or Erin at 215-545-0250.
Sponsored by: PA Campaign for Clean Water, Sierra Club, Clean Water Action, Delaware Riverkeeper Network, Earthworks Oil and Gas Accountability Project, PennEnvironment